March 11, 2011

Mar. 12 - Earthquake.

Is everybody okay?
I am safe.
The house became very sloppy from the disaster, but my family and friends are safe as well.

However,
it was terrifying.
I experienced firsthand how horrifying the earthquake was.

Yesterday, I was in Odaiba and in the process of doing my make up, and was surprised at how violent the tremors were while taking cover.
Afterward, I waited for quite some time in Odaiba and was able to keep track of the circumstances while waiting for further instructions.
They said the trains were stopped
and that cars were at a standstill ...
With no other option, I walked home.

About halfway back I caught a taxi, but it took two hours to go about 3 kilometers...
I finally arrived back home completely exhausted 2 hours before midnight.
It was very difficult.

However, for the people effected by the epicenter, it was a hundred-fold worse and my heart breaks thinking about them.

There are still aftershocks, so even at night, be sure to be careful, please.

I sincerely pray for everybody's safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment